Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's a new day...


And year too in a couple of days. Thanks to some new friends, I have started a blog on my crafting life. I plan to post upcoming classes, projects that I've tried and all things crafting that I think you'll enjoy. Brand new to blogging my crafting life too, so please excuse any mess-ups and feel free to educate me too.

For my first post, I would like to share a card that could either be a single layer card or dress it up a bit with the ribbon strip and scallop circle punch as I have done here. I used the 1 3/4" circle punch for the window and Stazon Black for the stamping of both the images on paper and on the 5/8" old olive grosgrain.

I made this card in greens and browns so that it could be given at any time, but you could also switch the colors up to pinks and browns for example for a more Valentines theme.

I like to use seasonal sets outside of their intended purpose and "Owl Together Now" is one that I can use year round for a variety of seasons and occasions. I am much more inclined to purchase things including stamp sets if I can use them for multipurpose reasons.

This card is one that we will be doing at technique night this upcoming Monday January 5th at 730 pm. Please email me if you would like to join us @ ihavetwins@gmail.com . Other upcoming classes still to be dated include a birthday and occasions card box with follow-up sessions to fill the box. The idea for this came from one of the wonderful giving women at Split Coast Stampers, Lisa . More details upcoming at my Stampin' Up! website for this and other classes.

4 comments:

  1. Your off to a good start Krista! Welcome to blogland!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Krista! Love that peek a boo window in the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is great Krista. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG that is so stinkin cute! Love the window!!!

    ReplyDelete